As a Team Captain of a Seacliff SPR or Corporate SR team, I agree to these terms and conditions of entry on behalf of my team members.
WARNING: This is a legal document that affects your rights, if you are uncertain or uncomfortable with some of the conditions of registration then we recommend that you obtain advice to ensure you understand and accept the conditions of entry.
I agree to participate in this event on the following basis:
- I acknowledge that competitive sporting events involve the real risk of serious injury or even death from various causes including overexertion, equipment failure, dehydration, accidents with other competitors, spectators or road users, and course or weather conditions and other causes.
- I understand that I should not participate in this event unless I have trained appropriately and will be in a fit state to complete the event safely. I acknowledge that if I am aware of an existing medical condition and uncertain of my state of fitness then a medical practitioner should verify my physical condition.
- By participating, I accept all risks necessarily flowing from my participation that could result in injury, loss of life or permanent injury. Accordingly, I release all persons or corporations associated directly or indirectly with the conduct of the event from all claims demands and proceedings arising out of my participation and I hereby indemnify them against, all liability (including liability for their negligence and negligence of others) for all injury, loss or damage arising out of or connected with my participation in this event. This release shall extend to and include Seacliff Surf Life Saving Club PTY LTD, its members, state and national Surf Life Saving associations, Holdfast Bay Council, event sponsors, event marshals and their respective directors, partners, managers, officers, agents, contractors, employees and volunteers including event medical and paramedical personnel. This release and indemnity continues forever and binds my heirs, executors, personal representatives and assigns.
- I consent to receiving any medical treatment including ambulance transportation that event organisers think desirable during or after the event.
- I have provided correct details of any medical or physical conditions from which I suffer that might affect my performance or be relevant if medical treatment is needed. I accept the risk of participating despite these conditions. I have supplied an emergency contact name and number, this person is contactable both during and after the event and is not another participant.
- I understand that compulsory insurance cover for participants in this event may not cover for all injury, loss or damage sustained by me.
- Safety precautions undertaken by organisers (such as course supervision, race safety briefings, craft safety checks) are a service to me and other participants but are not a guarantee of safety.
- My registration is not transferable to other people. Any attempt to transfer my entry or allow another person to participate under my name may result in total cancellation without refund, insurance being deemed void and inability to enter further Seacliff SPR events.
- If I wish to withdraw from the event I must do so through my online registration and the following cancellation policy will apply:
- A 50% cancellation fee will be incurred if you withdraw up until 5pm Friday 24th October 2014
- A 75% cancellation fee will be incurred if you withdraw up until 5pm Friday 21st November 2014
- No refunds will be offered from 5pm Friday 21st November 2014
- Event organisers may change the event format, course or other race conditions at their discretion. If that occurs, this agreement applies to the changed conditions.
- I agree that if the event is cancelled due to storm, rain, inclement weather, winds or other ‘Act of God’ conditions or safety concerns, or if I do not participate in the event for any other reason, my entry fee shall be non-refundable.
- I agree to abide by all race results and directions issued by the event organiser and/or the relevant sport’s governing body.
- I acknowledge and consent to photographs and electronic images being taken of me before, during or after the event by an official representative of the event organiser. I acknowledge and agree that such photographs and electronic images are owned by the event organiser and that the event organiser and event sponsors may use the image for promotional use. These images, my name and my event results may be used for reporting purposes or other purposes at any time by any form of media without my further consent being necessary. The event organiser is not responsible for photographs and electronic images taken by persons who are not an official representative of the event organiser.
- I am fully responsible for the security of my personal possessions at the event including my surf craft and other valuable items within the race transition area. I agree that after the promoted unsecure time of transition, I am fully responsible for any possessions I have left in the area. Seacliff Surf Life Saving Club will not be liable for replacement of any personal possessions.
- I certify that I am 18 years of age or older, or I am the parent/legal guardian of a child under the age of 18 and I have read this document and understand and accept the terms and conditions it contains.